Labour Relations Advisor
Looking for a great place to work, where your contributions are valued, and you can truly make a difference?
First Nations Health Authority (FNHA) is a first of its kind in Canada and joining our team means being part of a collaborative, diverse and compassionate organization committed to innovating, transforming and redesigning health service delivery for First Nations communities in BC.
• Are you a highly organized and detail oriented HR professional that thrives when given the opportunity to learn and contribute on organizational wide initiatives?
• Do you love labour relations and employment law and are you looking to gain more experience in a multi-union environment?
• Are you a multi-tasker that can juggle many priorities?
• Do you thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and high performing, values-based, environment?
If this sounds like you, then we may have an opportunity for you at the First Nations Health Authority!
Reporting to the Manager, Labour Relations and working closely with the HR Advisory Services team, this newly created Labour Relations Advisor position is for someone looking to grow and develop their labour relations skills and expertise further, while rapidly becoming a key contributor to an essential team, at an important time.
You will be responsible for providing Human Resources and Labour Relations support to our unique multi-unionized organization; provide administration / interpretation of collective agreements; develop policy interpretation guides; create templates to support HR Business Partners with items such as progressive discipline, Labour Relations Training Modules for Managers etc.; undertake initiatives to align our organizational practices and strategies; and provide coordination and support for the implementation of plans, systems and procedures critical for effective and efficient operations in our growing organization.
What you need to be successful
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Labour Relations or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Labour and Employment Law designation or Certified Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) is considered an asset;
• 3-5 years progressively responsible HR and/or Labour Relations experience, including support at a management level;
• Experience in handling performance management, disciplinary processes, workforce accommodations and / or disability management issues in a multi-union environment.
If you are looking for your next step in your HR career and a position with many perks including pension plan, benefits, volunteer day, personal leave days, flexible hours and career development, while making an essential impact fulfilling the important mandate of FNHA, this role is for you!
A complete Job Description is available upon request to email@example.com